Please contact the GBL at (812) 855-9544 or email@example.com to obtain information contained in the documents linked below in an accessible format.
ANNOUNCED 3/10/2020: The GBL is closed to the public to ensure the safety of the IU community. Visit coronavirus.iu.edu for the latest updates.
Collections willl not be accessible due to building renovations and subsequent collections' move before September 2020. Future access to the laboratory, library, and archival collections by researchers will be by appointment only and appropriate safety regulations as documented by IU will be followed.
Collections are non-circulating and may not be removed from the building without prior written approval of the director.
To set up an appointment to use the collections please fill out our Research Request Form) and attach in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using the Collections
- Bags, briefcases, coats, etc. must be kept in a secured location away from the collections; lockers or other storage spaces will be made available to the visitor
- Laptop computers may be used in research areas
- The use of digital cameras and smart phone cameras is allowed with permission of the curator
- Only pencils may be used near materials.
- Researchers are asked to handle materials with clean hands; photographs, negatives, and metallic objects will require the use of provided gloves
- Duplication services may be sought by the researcher and granted if copying, scanning, or photographing will not damage the object and does not contradict law. Fees may be associated.